Servings: 4 people
For the salad:
- 8 oz spring mix (equivalent of one small box)
- 8 oz halloumi cheese cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved
- 1 avocado quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint minced
- 1/2 cup raw pecans roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp raw hemp seeds for garnish
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 1 navel orange fully juiced
- 1 tsp orange zest (use zest from the juiced orange)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Toss the spring mix, grapes, mint, avocado, and pecans together in a large bowl.
Make the salad dressing by adding the fresh orange juice, honey, water, olive oil, and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk very thoroughly until dressing is well combined.
Heat nonstick skillet and the 1/2 tsp. olive oil over medium high heat until the oil is shimmering. Add halloumi slices evenly to the skillet. When the halloumi starts to sizzle, use tongs or a spatula to gently lift the slices occassionally to prevent sticking. Cook on one side for 3-5 minutes or until it is golden brown.
Flip and continue cooking halloumi on the opposite side for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
Place the pan fried halloumi slices on top of the salad. Drizzle dressing evenly over entire salad and garnish with the raw hemp seeds. Enjoy!
Serving: 1serving | Sodium: 703mg | Calcium: 629mg | Vitamin C: 43mg | Vitamin A: 1096IU | Sugar: 14g | Fiber: 6g | Potassium: 558mg | Calories: 474kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Fat: 36g | Protein: 18g | Carbohydrates: 25g | Iron: 2mg